Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Falls Church City Comment Box: #642. Noise

Note:  This is a freely obtainable matter of public record.

Leave a comment for Falls Church City Hall here.


Date Submitted:10/22/2013 6:34:28 PM
Status:Closed (10/23/2013 12:45:02 PM)
Location (if any):I-66 / Route 7 backing to Colonel Lindsay Ct.
Details:As a new Falls Church Resident with a property backing to I-66, do I have any options regarding noise? Road noise is tolerable, noise from the metro subway is not. I realize I-66 is a federal road, and VDOT maintains it - currently a sound wall exists on the south side but not the north side of I-66, where my property is located. I haven't received any good info from VDOT other than sound walls are only considered during construction projects, so don't ask otherwise. Also, if I was to look into a fence with noise-suppressing features - how long is the approval process for a fence that is 10-12 feet high?
Submission Updates
Date of Update:10/23/2013 12:44:54 PM
Update Type:Message from CFC
Details:Since your property is located in Falls Church, Fairfax County, and not in the City of Falls Church, you'll need to contact the county's zoning office.

No comments:

Post a Comment