Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Falls Church City Comment Box: #650. Pedestrian flips off motorist, complains to City



Date Submitted:11/11/2013 12:28:22 PM
Status:Open
Location (if any):the corner of South West Street and Ellison Street.
Details:South West Street needs traffic calming. Today I walked from my residence to the local Rite Aid, through Berman Park, onto the sidewalk at Ellison Street. I waited at the corner of Ellison and South West Street for a break in traffic. A large box truck stopped and motioned for me to cross South West Street. I proceeded cautiously in front of the box truck to make sure no one was barrelling up South West Street towards Broad Street or down South West Street from Broad Street. Sure enough a car was passing the line of cars in line behind the large box truck. Not only that, he was crossing a double yellow line. As he approached me, without pausing, he yelled out the window that I should be crossing at the crosswalk. (note: there is no crosswalk at Ellison Street and South West Street). He did not stop and did not yield right of way to a pedestrian crossing at the corner of Ellison and South West Street. (which I was raised to understand was correct pedestrian behavior). I gave him the finger. I only wish I had copied down his license plate.

 

 

Falls Church City has declined to respond or update.


Note:  This is a freely obtainable matter of public record.

No comments:

Post a Comment